Attn: William Penn
Attenuation measurements have been performed according to the American National Standards Institue (ANSI) Specifications, ANSI S3.19-1974, using the experimenter-fit protocol, on the G & F Products Model 14040 earplugs (test ID Q3636A). The specified threshold measurement data were obtained using ten normally-hearing listeners, six male and four female. These listeners were selected from a standby group of about 35 volunteers who regularly serve as listeners for measurements of this kind.
The measurements were made in a room designed for this purpose. All acoustic characteristics of the room meet the requirements outlined in ANSI S3.19-1974. The ambient noise levels in this room are used on a continuing basis to monitor the background noise levels. An automatic recording attenuator was used to record both open and occluded ear thresholds.
Each of ten subjects was tested three times at each of nine test frequencies. The attached Tables show grand mean attenuation values in decibels (dB) for each test signal along with group attenuation values. Standard deviations (S.D.) for the 30 different attenuation determinations for each test signal are also given. The results presented in this report pertain to the samples tested only.
Michael & Associates is accredited by the National Institue of Standards and Technology (NIST) National Laboratory Accreditation Programe (NVLAP) for tests performed according to ANSI S3.19-1974, ANSI S12.6-2016, AS/NZ S1270:2002 and EN352 parts 1-8. These accreditation criteria encompass tthe requiremnts of international standard ISO 17025. This report may only be reproduced or transmitted electronically in its' entirely. This report shall not be used to claim product endorsement by NIST, NVLAP or by any agency of the U.S. Government. All measurement equipemnt are clibrated with instruction traceable to the NIST.
Sleep Soundly Whenever You Need.
32dB High Noise Reduction Rating (=34dB SNR)
- Disco/KTV: ≥90dB, damage to the hearing. After: ≤50dB, no damage to the hearing
- Airport: 80 – 89dB, unbearable. After: ≤40dB, relatively quiet
- Bedroom facing to the street: 60 – 79dB, suffer insomnia. After: ≤25dB, little quiet sound
- Noisy living room: 50 – 59dB, noisy. After: ≤15dB, nearly silent
- Bedroom: 40dB, quiet/soft voice. After: -, silent
- New Earplugs may have a little smell, which is normal and will not affect usage. The smell would usually go away in a couple of days.
- Our G & F earplugs 32dB are sound-reducing, not soundproof.
- Ear cushions and foam inserts will degrade over time, or in humid/extreme climate. Please discard and replace it as needed.
Guidance for use of G & F earplugs 32dB
- Keep away from fire, direct sunlight, or damp weather
- Keep unused earplugs securely sealed at all times
- Replace every 6-8 months under normal wear, or every 3-4 months with heavy use
- Wash hands before use, check for dirt, damage of extreme hardness
- Discard immediately if earplugs are compromised